REALLY basic newbie ?'s

Chris P. cp914 at lvcm.com
Thu Nov 2 09:20:35 GMT 2000

2 hours on the list and already my first "discussion".   lol

>To now turbocharge an engine and sort out all the map point is time
>consuming and with little experience, lots of chance to destroy engine.

Not anymore than my "normal" driving   ;o)
Besides, I already invested time in learning to weld, turbo/supercharging
theory and application, header design, and FI info.
Everybody starts somewhere. My 6 years experience with D-jet doesn't help
here though, my high end web site designing might bleed over.

>Why not buy an Autronic system and enjoy immediate results for surprisingly
>low cost.

For that kind of money I can have JWT modify my current chip and I wouldn't
have to rewire anything. Kinda defeats the purposes of doing it myself
though... besides, I can use the knowledge on two different Nissans.  :o)

>From the normally aspirated Nissan ECU you can never attain the same
>refinement.

If I can change the maps to cover the higher airflow and WOT, the fuzzy
logic should continue to cover the details...

>$1536Aus ....1 US dollar = almost 2 AUS dollar

$$$ Assuming it works with my current MAF, TPS, injectors, and IAC.

>See some data at
> www.beninca.com.au/autronic.htm

Looks like a potential client...
Thanks.