EGOR future... The Original EGOR and the commercial version

Buchholz, Steven Steven.Buchholz at kla-tencor.com
Thu Nov 2 17:49:56 GMT 2000

I agree, that it is unfortunate that the project has hit yet another
stumbling block ... :-(  I know that I am a bit on the fence ... I
definitely appreciate the willingness of the folks on this list to help out
and to some extent give away valuable information that they have learned and
put their own effort into, but I can also see why someone who might
otherwise be willing to share info would "clam up" with the threat of having
their work stolen and used by others for their personal financial gain.

It is great to hear that there does appear to be some progress on the
DIY-EGOR front, I know that as a listmember I don't recall seeing much
reported lately.  I don't know if there are any other things to be done on
the project, but if an old EE with mostly digital and microprocessor
experience can be of assistance please do let me know!  In the past it
sounded like mostly analog folks were needed in the past.  Perhaps to avoid
the sharing/stealing issue again perhaps we might want to consider the
licensing scheme that Jeff Webb talked about earlier.  I really hate to have
to do that sort of thing, but perhaps it is a necessary evil that comes with
the times we live in ...

I would imagine that I am not the only one whose mouth was watering at the
idea of putting together EGOR and ION systems to make my old early '80s car
run with some of the advancements in engine control technology that only a
few new cars have.  We now have a better feeling for the state of EGOR ...
but I haven't heard much about ION lately ...

Steve Buchholz
San Jose, CA (USA)