Info on gauge-like enclosures?

Buchholz, Steven Steven.Buchholz at kla-tencor.com
Sat Nov 4 02:30:50 GMT 2000

I know this post isn't quite in line with the subject at hand, but I hope
that you will indulge me.  I want to build a digital readout for my FI
system parameters to be mounted in the instrument cluster.  It seems to me a
good strategy for mounting would be to use a standard gauge ... like a VDO
housing.  Has anyone seen empty gauge housings available for sale anywhere?
I'd imagine I could always just gut a VDO gauge if I could get them cheaply
enough.  I plan to mount one or two LED bar-graph displays inside ...

TIA!
Steve Buchholz
San Jose, CA (USA)