Info on gauge-like enclosures?

Ross Corrigan 280zx at home.com
Sun Nov 5 22:16:47 GMT 2000

At 06:30 PM 11/3/2000 , you wrote:
>I know this post isn't quite in line with the subject at hand, but I hope
>that you will indulge me.  I want to build a digital readout for my FI
>system parameters to be mounted in the instrument cluster.  It seems to me a
>good strategy for mounting would be to use a standard gauge ... like a VDO
>housing.  Has anyone seen empty gauge housings available for sale anywhere?
>I'd imagine I could always just gut a VDO gauge if I could get them cheaply
>enough.  I plan to mount one or two LED bar-graph displays inside ...

You mention a digital readout and then LED's?  Anyhow, came across this and
thought it was neat, not advocating it yet but still thought it was
interesting. Built into his rear view mirror, first URL is general and 2nd
is the specific pic.  I've seen them also linked to old voltmeter guages
properly wired and doubled up for one per bank in the same gauge, nicely
done as well.

http://www.eng.fsu.edu/~jthagard/otherzs/walker/heatedpassion.html
http://www.eng.fsu.edu/~jthagard/otherzs/walker/rvmirror.jpg