non-programmer ??'s

Pat Ford pford at qnx.com
Mon Nov 6 14:29:31 GMT 2000

Previously, you (Chris P.) wrote:
{ Hopefully somebody is willing to clarify a few things and speed up my
{ learning curve.
{
{ 1. Why is an .ecu file needed to translate a .bin, and why are they all
{ different?

 there are a few different "families" or that is what the id bute tells you

{
{ 2. What is efi332?

 a home built (sorta) system based on the motorla 68c332 mcu

{
{ 3. How did Tunercat know what ($AF) I needed to translate my Saab reference
{ .bin? Is that info written on the chip simular to the directory track of a
{ disk?

 no idea, did they aske you to do anything? (SAAB use gm ecms now?)

{
{ 4. Will I need to learn C++, Java, Perl to understand the variables or write
{ an .ecu?

 C and assembly language helps IF you want to do something special, otherwise just  use a program that is already written

{
{ 5. Am I on the right track with this?

not enough info, what are you trying to do?

{
{ 6. Is there a good supplier of GM style connectors for adapting components?

 yeah most delco dealerships can order the connectors, then there is the wreckers ( one up here doesn't even charge me to get wiring stuff)

{
{ Thanks for everybody putting up with my (hopefully short lived) naivity.
{
{ Chris P, newbie
{ cp914 at lvcm.com
{
{
{ To unsubscribe from diy_efi, send "unsubscribe diy_efi" (without the quotes)
{ in the body of a message (not the subject) to majordomo at lists.diy-efi.org
{

Pat Ford                           email: pford at qnx.com
QNX Software Systems, Ltd.           WWW: http://www.qnx.com
(613) 591-0931      (voice)         mail: 175 Terence Matthews
(613) 591-3579      (fax)                 Kanata, Ontario, Canada K2M 1W8