General theory on EFI

Andy Laurence rodneyfunnie at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 6 15:13:41 GMT 2000

>Yes, it really is that simple.  Determining pulsewidth is best done by
>dyno testing, but there are formulas to determine pulsewidth at maximum
>torque using engine size VE and injector size.  If you have the proper
>size injectors (another simple formula based on horsepower), it's
>really just picking a number from one to ten ms, say starting with 2
>ms sloping up to 8 ms, and the engine will run.  In practice, it takes
>a bit of experimentation to arrive at the optimum settings and this is
>a function of the sophistication of your equipment and your
>experience.  If you are looking for a place to start, try Jeff
>Hartman's book and Bosch's Gasoline engine management.

Cheers, I'll have a look on Amazon.com for those books ... am I not likely
to blow the engine if I run it too lean?  I suppose (seeing as I don't own a
dyno) I could install the system in a car and tune it whilst I drive it
around (friend in the passenger seat at the keyboard).  Has anyone else used
the system on the site with a PC as the ECU, as I cannot download the zip
file with the schematic.  It seems like a really good system, especially
with all those in/outputs, although I will probably run it via Linux.

Andy