General theory on EFI

Pat Ford pford at qnx.com
Mon Nov 6 20:28:25 GMT 2000

I got it running my landrover, worked great when the truck was working (plowing snow, offorading) it didn't do too well on the road. It seemed to not like transitions from full power to anything or vice-versa

Previously, you (Bruce Plecan) wrote:
{
{
{ From: "Jeff Webb" <mustang at ufl.edu>
{ > Andy Laurence wrote:
{ > > around (friend in the passenger seat at the keyboard).  Has anyone else
{ used
{ > > the system on the site with a PC as the ECU, as I cannot download the
{ zip
{ > > file with the schematic.  It seems like a really good system, especially
{ > > with all those in/outputs, although I will probably run it via Linux.
{ > Two things to consider:
{ > 1) Most PC's are not suitable for automotive use, due to temperature,
{ > vibration, and reliability concerns.  I would imagine that laptops
{ > should be better than desktops, and PC/104 boards may be the best bet.
{ > If you're just playing around, then you can probably make things work.
{ > If you want a dependable driver, then you should research this
{ > carefully.  Just something to think about.
{ > 2) Linux is not a real-time operating system.  Look at www.rtlinux.org
{ > if you want to use linux for controlling an EFI system.
{ > Good luck, and have fun.
{ > Jeff Webb
{
{ There is a bunch of info., on this in the archives, couple years ago it was
{ life the tread was taking a life of it's own.  I've heard of one that
{ someone had started an engine with, but that's about it.
{ Bruce
{
{
{
{
{ To unsubscribe from diy_efi, send "unsubscribe diy_efi" (without the quotes)
{ in the body of a message (not the subject) to majordomo at lists.diy-efi.org
{

Pat Ford                           email: pford at qnx.com
QNX Software Systems, Ltd.           WWW: http://www.qnx.com
(613) 591-0931      (voice)         mail: 175 Terence Matthews
(613) 591-3579      (fax)                 Kanata, Ontario, Canada K2M 1W8