Ignition only

Clay B clayb at sonic.net
Tue Nov 7 16:26:04 GMT 2000

Aside from simplicity and reliability, is there a measureable
advantage to running DIS vs. just dizzy, assuming, of course, both are
ECM controlled?

There sure is! Ever hold a timing light on an engine with a timing chain
and dizzy? The timing bounces all over the place, even with the engine
running at a constant speed. There's alot of slop in those mechanical
connections. Easily 5 degrees.

When I installed DIS, I was amazed to see the timing was rock-solid
stable. Didn't even move a fraction of a degree. Impressive.

- Clay