2 & 3 Bar Map Stuff

Walter Sherwin wsherwin at home.com
Wed Nov 8 01:07:17 GMT 2000

Just bumped into some stuff that I thought might be helpful to some listers,
regarding 2 & 3 bar GM/Delco MAP sensor stuff.........

The old faithful GM/Delco 2 bar MAP sensor has seemingly changed-up to P/N
16254539 (AC Delco 213-361) from 16009886 (AC Delco 213-183).  If you
purchase connector & pig-tail lead kit P/N 15305891 (AC Delco PT-1035), it
will plug directly into either of these 2 bar MAP sensors without having to
dremel/cut the orientation tab, as has been the norm when using standard 1
bar type connectors.  I assume the physical transfer functions are the same
for each, but I won't know until I order one and actually bench test it.
Can anyone comment on this later point and save me some work?

The 3 bar GM/Delco MAP sensor remains as always 16040749 (AC Delco 213-101).
The corresponding plug-in pig-tail kit for it is P/N 12085502 (AC Delco
PT-123).

Walt.

PS:  Is anyone aware of a GM/Delco 4 bar MAP sensor?  Not that I need it
right now, but I will not too far down the old methanol road :)...........