Dummy spit (was Re: Info on gauge-like enclosures?)

Christian Hack christianh at pdd.edmi.com.au
Wed Nov 8 01:25:38 GMT 2000

> Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2000 15:46:55 -0800
> From: "Chris P." <cp914 at lvcm.com>
> Subject: Re: Info on gauge-like enclosures?
>
> >Ludis Langens
>
> >Gosh, you ask for detailed information about an obscure brand of ECU
> >(Nissan) that nobody here has worked with, don't do your own homework
> >ahead of time*, don't start reading the archives, wait just a few days
> >for answers, and now your leaving?
>
> >From the first message:  2. Is there a "basics" page I can read through on
> ECU internals?
> ***Isn't that asking for homework???
>
> Per the web page: "The archive search engine is not yet working on the new
> server. For the time being you can read an edited and compressed version
> here. "  <--- 11.7 MB zipped. How about you download it and send me the
> pertinent parts.  ;o)
>
> >* If you had opened up your ECU and posted a list of the chip numbers,
> >someone might have been able to give some advice about how to procede
> >with that ECU.
>
> >From first message:  4. What do I need to know about my particular ECU
> before I ask more
> questions?
> ***THAT DOESN'T QUALIFY!!!!????
>
> Sounds like you stopped at the word Nissan.... and now your upset because
> you know useful info is being withheld.
> Welcome to my world! I don't need this kind of bullshit.

Geez, is every kid like you at kindergarden? You guys must have some great fights.
And don't say no one threw you a bone. I saw some replies to your original
post.

Perhaps if you had mentioned what engine/car your ECU was from I (and
maybe a few others) might have helped a bit. Yes it's hard to get info on
Nissan ECU's - I have been looking for over 3 years now with little success.
Most of what I have achieved is from my own hacking. Don't expect people
on a list to interrogate you for details. The more info you provide for us, the
easier it is for us to help you _and_ the more likely you'll get an answer.

Finding out the engine/car type is not rocket science is it? Neither is pulling
the lid off the ECU and having a look inside. Considering you want to mod the
ECU, the average guy/girl on this list would assume you've already done that.

If you want to stay then stay - If you don't then leave. I'm sure no one will
mind either way you go.

Anyway my A$0.02 (about US$0.0000001 of course)

Can we let this die now and stop wasting bandwidth? Chris if you want to
take this up with me off list feel free. I might even be able to help you with
your ECU if you stop throwing tantrums.

Christian