Need Assistance With EEC-Sucka

ROBO5.8 robo12 at bellatlantic.net
Wed Nov 8 20:55:38 GMT 2000

I'm looking for some information on the EECSucka by Andrew March.  I have a
file-package called eecsucka111.zip dated 1/18/99 at 229KB which contains an
eecsk200.pdf file with the schematic.  The PDF file is dated 11/7/98 and
contains a circuit with a 74LS157 and 74HC373.

I've built this off of the PDF file but I am unable to get it to work
correctly on an EEC-IV (TM40).  I also have an EEC-Tuner but I want to use
the EECsucka to read some things in tandem .

My testing to date has it plugged in (by itself to the EEC-IV), ignition on,
EECSucka.exe running.  It seems to mess up the EEC-IV as the fuel pump and
cooling fan turn on when dumping the ROM.   I've run and scoped-out the self
tests and all the bits toggle as specified.

Can you tell me if the EECSucka package I have worked for others?  Was there
ever an update?  The design uses RESET, MRESET, TSTSTB, PAUSE and EPROM
DISABLE but not DI, ST, and IT.  Seems to me I'm missing something.

I sure would like some more insight on this.  Can anyone help me?

Thanks ROBO