EGO meter PC meter? -> was Re: EGOR future

Peter Gargano peter at techedge.com.au
Thu Nov 9 00:57:36 GMT 2000

Tom Sharpe wrote:

> I'd like to see us DIYers build a "meter" for the "module". Then we could use it
> as a separate tuner and/or as part of a feedback loop (and reward/blame Gar for
> his work). Any EEs out there?  Gar - any plans available for the display 1/2?.
> Also, what is the Eurpoean (Euro) price for the sensor? - any currency help over
> there?
> Best regards.  Tom S

As for display... As a lot of people will (obviously) be using this
for tuning, and (probably) using a laptop. Then I can't see why a
bit of (free) software couldn't scale, massage, log, and otherwise
not take the output of whatever sensor + electronics are used to
measure the exhaust gas oxygen content. I'm envisaging a very simple
bit of hardware that takes the electronic's output and converts
it to something that a parallel port, a serial port, or whatever -
that can be read by the software.

In fact, that's probably the major stumbling block - laptops don't
have that many readily accessible things to plug into - but I'd
suggest a very simple (and inexpensive) interface for the parallel
port would be the way to go - not much more than an A/D chip!

Thoughts?

Peter