Ignition only

Axel Rietschin Axel_Rietschin at compuserve.com
Thu Nov 9 07:11:12 GMT 2000

----- Original Message -----
From: "Bruce Plecan" <nacelp at bright.net>
To: <diy_efi at diy-efi.org>
Sent: Thursday, November 09, 2000 7:24 AM
Subject: Re: Ignition only

> Try firing a dissy with one spark.
> DIS can
> Distributor has them in series so they both have to happen

Not really. This is explained in the link I provided in a previous message.

> Dual coils, a new definition.

Not really.

> Maybe a coil with dual HV leads.

Precisely.

> > second - wasted - spark occurs, is at the end of the exhaust stroke
where
> > pressure is near atmospheric, thus that other spark consumes very little
> > current.
> near atmospheric?.
> Oh we'll just ignore street turbo stuff

Well, 1 bar or 2 bar or 3 bar is nothing like the pressure at the end of the
compression stroke. The point is, this one gap is easy to cross and do not
consume too much current. Also, remember the spark is healthy since the coil
had well enough time to recover from the previous event. Last, I was trying
to keep things simple.

> Oh on a distributor the spark doesn't have to go thru the block,  I've
been
> zapped an the path was coil coil wire, me, chassis,

:)

Regards,
Axel