Ignition Only

Shannen Durphey shannen at grolen.com
Thu Nov 9 12:06:26 GMT 2000

Axel Rietschin wrote:

> [...]
I don't believe ...

>First, why only at high rpm when you have the most spark advance
> thus the less fresh gases in the cylinder, if any at all? If you use such a
> radical cam and highly tuned exhaust manifold as to fill the cylinder with
> enough fresh gases to be ignited, some 30 or so degrees BTDC, consider
> upgrading to a coil-per-cylinder setup.

>Also, at that particular moment, a
> significant part of the fuel will probably
probably....

still be in liquid form thus is
> is very unlikely

unlikely...

that the super-lean, very-diluted (by burned gases) low
> pressure and low temperature (due to pressure drop and partial fuel
> evaporation) will ignite at all. That said, you never know :)

Ok, honest question.  What is high rpm, how many engines capable of
attaining it do you know of that are running a DIS system?

If you want some information, search the archives.  I though I'd give
you something useful, not an argument.

Shannen