Ignition only

Programmer nwester at eidnet.org
Thu Nov 9 15:40:11 GMT 2000

Measure it on an ignition scope sometime...it's not the same kV required to
fire the waste side as it is the power side. That's correct about the gap to
"some"
degree--other than the rotor to tower gap and the plug gap is always on the
power side. Not so with DIS. The power side on DIS may be 8-10 kV, where
the waste spark side is 1-2kV (measured).

Lyndon.

>The same current flows across both spark gaps - this must be the case
unless
>we're losing or gaining electrons somewhere. The high voltage winding of
the
>coil moves the electrons across both spark gaps in much the same way a
>battery moves electrons through (say) two light bulbs in series (note
Bruce: