Lucas injectors - Correction

944 Technologist 944technologist at my-deja.com
Fri Nov 10 01:31:03 GMT 2000

Walt,

You are correct. I was wrong. The conventional Lambda sensor should work with methanol.

I was reading about California's experimental  "M85 and Flexible Fuel Vehicles" Program. "The fuel-flexible option allows the driver to use any combination of gasoline or methanol - from 100 percent unleaded gasoline to 85 percent methanol"  all in a single fuel tank.
http://www.energy.ca.gov/afvs/m85/methanolq-a.html

I was only skimming and mistook the special "fuel sensor that detects the methanol/gasoline ratio" for the "Lambda sensor". ooops. 8Þ

FR Wilk