Ignition only

Bruce Plecan nacelp at bright.net
Fri Nov 10 16:25:21 GMT 2000

It's an EE thing.
The spark is A/C so nothing is backwards
There is a 50-50 chance on which way the spark lights, and for the first
.00000000001 usec (time approximate) does it really matter?.
It's the repeated colapsing on the magnetic fields that generate the current
to maintain the firing line on a scope.  Once the ion level between the two
electrodes drops, the resistnace goes high the coil condenser oscillations
decay, then you can easily see the A/C component of the signal, and event
over, points close signal and the coil starts to saturate again.
     If you think of the secondary as A/C things make sense rather then some
of the other explainations, floatin around....

I have never seen a proper tuned engine show where one side is different
from the other on DIS plugs,  there are the same differences with dissys on
some engines.  Largely do to other things like the coolant by pass lines
being biased toward on side of the other.  On v series engines there is
usually one thermostat so one head is always running a tad cooler then  the
other in this reguard.

Bruce
   That's how it looks to me,

I'm having trouble understanding the concept of firing the second plug