Ignition only

Bruce Plecan nacelp at bright.net
Fri Nov 10 17:35:41 GMT 2000

Now, with that said,
If there is any capacitance on the *firing* end, then the spark with fire
and find a ground anywhere (meaning even thru the spark itself) since it is
an AC voltage.  So you can get a shock without any direct ground back to the
battery other then thru the spark itself.  There is a way to test that
theory, but I strongly suggest not too...

Then for grins, it also explains how why, the SAAB stuff works.
If it was a DC spark then one electrode would really wear.
If DIS truely fired both plugs equally all the time they would wear out 2x
as fast, hmm, and with the EPA tuneup reguirements that would be a definite
no no.
Like Yogi says "mazin, what ya see when ya look"
Bruce

From: <don.broadus at exeloncorp.com>