WB O2 Rental.

Bruce Plecan nacelp at bright.net
Sat Nov 11 15:08:33 GMT 2000

> << Entrance Exam"?.
>  All I asked was for folks to do some reading,
>  I didn't think of that as an exam..
>  Get enough folks to agree with you, and you sure will have folks wanting
>  do things like this all the time.  ie put money and time into something
>  give it away. >>
>
> Not sure how to interpret your reponse Bruce.

Anything I type can be just taken at face value.

> I thought the thing about diy
> was to share technical knowledge.

So where isn't this being followed?  At least as far as I go with things?.
The stuff is freely available.
You have to read to get technical knowledge, and read to get to DIY EGOR.

>I have read the archives on all the
> wideband O2 subject.  Thats where my comment comes from.  After doing so,
> am still at square one with respect to building or obtaining my own meter.

Hopefully though you have some correct concepts about WBs, and their uses,
shortcomings etc., now.

> From your recent posts, I gather that you have a meter that is early in
its
> development stage.  I am also inferring that info regarding it may be
> availlable but you are controlling distribution to protect against
commercial
> use of it for profit (by other than its developer).  Thats where the
comment
> about the "entrance exam" comes from.

For the moment, the only *effort* is to track it down.
and that is just asking folks basically to read the owners manual?.   That's
all I'm doing.  Guys are taking cracks at me, for just forcing them to learn
a little.

>  Its certainly anyone's perogative to
> share or not share information as they see fit but this issue seems to
have
> more than a bit of cloak and dagger about it.  I don't get it, thats all.

It's out there and free.
For the commercial guys, time is money, so they don't want to spend the time
to do anything.  So to that end for the moment, that is the strategy, I've
taken.
There has been another post, about this, anyway more to come
Bruce