More DIY EGOR

RDwoo10 at aol.com RDwoo10 at aol.com
Fri Nov 17 06:05:14 GMT 2000

I think that we are in agreement here.  as the temp goes up, the resistance
goes up.  as resistance goes up we want the current to go down (E=I^2R, AKA
power).  if the voltage is constant, the current will go down (E=IR), because
the temp went up.  this will happen by itself.  i guess, now that i think
about it.  a constant voltage source is sufficient, as long as it does not
take forever to get back down to temp.  if that is the case then we want to
move the drive voltage inversely proportional to the temp so that the sensor
gets back down to temp (or up) fast enough that the sensor is still
outputting the right thing.  All this w/o making it oscillate wildly.

BW