More DIY EGOR

Bob bobk at gscyclone.com
Fri Nov 17 15:06:38 GMT 2000

A little over a year ago I was considering purchasing an NGK wide band
sensor package (sensor, cable, and controller). I had the opportunity to
speak to an NGK engineering manager and the subject of cable length (between
sensor and controller) came up. He said that the NGK sensor package would
only function properly if the cable shipped with the package was used.
Maintaining the correct temperature at the sensor was critical and that any
change to the cable length (just copper wires) would seriously compromise
the controllers ability to maintain the sensors temperature. They used the
heating element to sense the temperature.

Bob K.