More DIY EGOR

RDwoo10 at aol.com RDwoo10 at aol.com
Sat Nov 18 06:16:22 GMT 2000

>From what I am understanding, yes & no.  there is not a sensor that measures
the exhaust temp & sends that "temp" somewhere.  But, the resistance of the
heater does change when the temp goes up & down.  This means that by
"measuring" the current through the heater one can tell if the sensor is
hotter (or colder) than it was a minute ago (not literal minute).

This leads to the question, is it good enough for accurate measurements from
the sensor in regards to O2 conc.?  I think that Bruce probably summed it up
earlier (to paraphrase, if I may), it is good enough for tuning, but probably
not for lab grade accuracy."

BW