Air Fuel Calibrator?

Bob Tom tigers at bserv.com
Mon Nov 20 04:47:02 GMT 2000

Hi, all.

I have been looking at a couple of air fuel calibrators but do not
have enough indepth knowledge to be sure if these products can do what
they claim to do or to see the up/down sides of them.  Both are
based on controlling the MAP output signal to the PCM and, as far
as I can tell, they do this by tapping into the output signal wire
with two potentiometers.  Price for either seem to be very high.

One is located at    http://www.roeracingonline.com/portfolio.html
and the other at     http://www.splitsec.com/products/arc1/arc1ds.htm

I have received an email from the Ram owner about the Viper product
full of details praising his experiences with it.  The other product
is a complete unknown to me.

My interest is for track use under WOT operation.  I have a scanner
and am able to record a run.  Currently, WOT shows extremely rich
conditions but, without a wide band O2, I don't know if it's
richer than 12.5:1.

Anyone wishing to supply me with their thoughts/opinions about these
products would be extremely helpful and very appreciated.

Thanks very much.

Bob.   Burlington, Ont., Canada.
'97 Dakota CC, 5.2L, 4x2, 3.92 SG, auto., 4265 lb.
Dyno:   231.2 rwhp    340.0 lb-ft rw torque
PB:     14.737 @ 91.75      9.364 @ 72.95