More DIY EGOR

Jeroen Proveniers J.Proveniers at orga.nl
Mon Nov 20 09:57:46 GMT 2000

------_=_NextPart_001_01C052D7.CB1DADA0

Sorry for jumping in, normally I only lurk

No, at constant resistance it would dissipate a constant number of watts.
When ambient temp rises the temp of the heater would rise too. The
temperature would remain constant if the heater has a PTC effect. When
temperature rises, resistance rises too, decreasing dissipated power. This
way self-destruction of the heater is prevented.

JJ

------_=_NextPart_001_01C052D7.CB1DADA0

<HTML>
<HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
5.5.2652.35">
<TITLE>RE: More DIY EGOR</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt; -----Original Message-----</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt; From: 944 at technologist.com [<A =
HREF=3D"mailto:944 at technologist.com">mailto:944 at technologist.com</A>]</F=

<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt; Sent: Monday, November 20, 2000 10:29 AM</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt; To: diy_efi at diy-efi.org</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt; Subject: Re: More DIY EGOR</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt; </FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt; </FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt; Am I understanding this correctly? The goal of =
the heater is </FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt; to maintain the</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt; heater element at a constant resistance (say =
3.5 ohms) . If </FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt; the resistance</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt; of the heater remains constant, than the =
heating element is </FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt; assumed to be</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt; keeping the sensor at a constant temperature. =
Is that correct?</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Sorry for jumping in, normally I only lurk</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>No, at constant resistance it would dissipate a =
constant number of watts. When ambient temp rises the temp of the =
heater would rise too. The temperature would remain constant if the =
heater has a PTC effect. When temperature rises, resistance rises too, =
decreasing dissipated power. This way self-destruction of the heater is =
prevented.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>JJ</FONT>
</P>

</BODY>