O2 voltages

Bruce Plecan nacelp at bright.net
Wed Oct 4 02:19:48 GMT 2000

> I think we're going sideways. The AFR that is used is for the benefit of
the
> cat, but the O2 is still used to control the AFR.

?, sensor just monitors the exhuast so that it goes it can be a C/L system.
Mantains AFR as things wear.

> That's what I meant. If the cat wasn't needed, the O2 would go away? I
don't
> see how. It would be back to open loop "let's guess the AFR".

If the EPA had been not so pro oil, and wanted to save resources then we'd
be using WBs and saving resources.   They relied on a report writting by
jerks, IMO.  The 14.7 works for the perfect fuel molecule, which exists only
on blackboards,  I've never seen the formula work out with Sulfur in the
equation....

Closed loop is a modern marvel, just they picked the wrong numbers.
Bruce

> TK

EPA

majordomo at lists.diy-efi.org