Nother thought

Walter Sherwin wsherwin at home.com
Thu Oct 5 23:52:30 GMT 2000

No physical reason, other than not wanting to get outside the
software/pulsewidth control regime (tailbiting issues).  Think of things
this way...........injection can take place for a max total of "X" ms based
on software parameters  (every package/application will be different).  Part
of that "X" ms is consumed by opening and closing the injector, during which
the resultant flow is hard to predict.  In general, @ 80-85% the
***controlled*** duty cycle of an injector will be safe and predictable.
This should not be confused with the mechanical timing intervals between
injects.  Everything must be based upon your actual ***control*** headroom,
which speaks to the way in which the actual DC is calculated in your app.
In actual fact, you can even safely run most injectors at 100% DC (I often
do this on the flow bench) as long as nice cold fuel is flowing thru.  Try
this with no fuel flow (ie: out of gas) and you can quickly frazzle certain
injectors in as little as 4 seconds.

Walt.