MAP versus air flow

Jeroen Proveniers J.Proveniers at orga.nl
Fri Oct 13 09:06:22 GMT 2000

Yes, the german engine. It also called the Cologne engine. In fact, there
are more versions of the same basic block with different displacements,
2.3,2.4,2.8 and 2.9.
The engine used in the Sierra XR4i is K-Jetronic equipped, a fully
mechanical, continuous injection system. It's not really easy to tune an
engine with K-Jet. The fuel map lies in the profile of the airflowmeter,
which is pratically unchangable.
The problem with the intake manifold of this engine is that k-jet injectors
are small, so I'll need to get my hands on a manifold of a Scorpio 2.9i,
that one is equiped with Ford EEC-IV system and normal injectors.

JJ