TEC II/A'PEXi wastegate control

Jason Leone srgnt03 at earthlink.net
Sat Oct 21 18:10:52 GMT 2000

> What? The Electromotive TEC II can easily do wastegate control! All you
> do is hook up a solenoid to the wastegate and enter the duty cycle
> values in the GPO (General Purpose Output) table.

<<So it's open-loop? Not exactly a state of the art "control of the turbo"
:)>>

HAHA! Hey, I never said anything from Electromotive was state of the art!
Like I said before, I use the A'PEXi digital boost controller, because it IS
state of the art.

For more info on my A'PEXi boost controller, take a look at this link and
then download the .PDF manual as well.

http://www.apexi-usa.com/superavcr2.htm

I picked mine up new for $419 out the door (no tax, free shipping), from
Apex Motorsports in Arizona. They didn't even charge me CA tax. List price
in usually closer to $600, but you can get deals in the $450 range from some
shops. The installation was easy (tap the TPS, rpm, and VSS signals). It
comes with everything you need. I do recommend chucking the plastic hose
babr fittings in the kit, and using metal ones. I had a few plastic fittings
melt on me, which isn't pretty when you're at the track doing a day long
road race shindig. I recommend not using the included silicone hoses, but
making your own stainless steel braided boost signal lines. The silicone
hose can crack, when subjected to serious heat. The 12v solenoid they
include in the kit is bulletproof! Mine has gotten incredibly hot, yet the
coils still work flawlessly.

Jason
VR6 Turbo