SV: "which aftermarket ECU" question - TEC II

espen hilde mwichstr at online.no
Sun Oct 22 00:03:22 GMT 2000

HI!
I have used TEC (total engine confusion) II and Paf ,blend  with paf blend the engine finaly worked ...
I think the system sucks.
I could make a very long list why......
 pulse widt resolution.
Adjusting gamma and tog.......(crap)
non working battery compensation.
accleration enrichment very confusing....
To course resolution in the maps for a high reving high boost engine.
Offcourse you can be very proud of yourself if you are able to get your engine calibrated without wrecking it!
I was struggeling for a year with occilating problems on the biturbo engine before I discowered it was the  Efi system causing it.
The time you will use extra in dyno time using Tec II will cause the final engine to be more expensive than a easier to use more expensive
system.
Better to stick with carbs than tec II , you have to shut of the engine to change the jets to.
I like the grapical data storage ,I was able to find a lean spot at low trottle ,certain rpm with a switch type lamda connected.
Compact with everything in one box.
Next time I would want something that works as advertised,
and are able to make the engine run  perfect at idle and wot.
Espen Hilde