Source for small throttle bodies?

dennis spoolboy at autospeed.com
Fri Oct 27 02:05:13 GMT 2000

The 46mm throttle bodies from 2.2/2.5/3.0 chryslers might work for you. The OD of the inlet is 2.25", the bore is 46mm. They also come in a 52mm incarnation and very rarely(late 3.8 vans) 58mm, with larger OD's of course. They have a flat 2 bolt mounting flange, and are fairly compact. If you removed and plugged the AIS motor cavity and machined off some of the AIS casting/machining ports, you could mount them right next to each other without much trouble.

You would have to do some cutting/welding or epoxying to remove the AIS crap in order to make them fit next to each other without a gap.

Check them out. They use a standard type TPS sensor.

If you are real interested, email me @ spoolboy at autospeed.com. I have a few 46mm ones I wouldn't mind parting with.

I'll see if I can dig up a site with a picture for you.

Dennis

--- Clay B <clayb at sonic.net>
> wrote:
>Any suggestions on small throttle bodies? Inlet size needs to be 2" ID, 2
>1/4" OD. I'd prefer a flat, bolt on flange on the outlet side. I checked
>the '90 mustang throttles, but the outlet flange is huge. Compact size is
>a must, for my application, I'm afraid.
>
>Has anyone noticed any 4 cylinder cars with throttles that appear to fit
>this description? I'd really prefer to avoid the custom parts route. Much
>better to use a factory part, if one that fits is available.
>
>I'll be making a trip to the local salvage yard, but it wouldn't hurt to
>have some target donor cars in mind.
>
>- Clay

==
Dennis Doza II

AutoSpeed - The World's Best High Performance Online Magazine
http://www.autospeed.com

Half.com the hottest site for DVDs, CDs & more! Get $5 off your 1st
purchase of $10 or more. http://ads.adflight.com/mach1.asp?a=19061&b=46867&c=3094