Source for small throttle bodies?

Bernd Felsche bernie at innovative.iinet.net.au
Fri Oct 27 04:51:38 GMT 2000

Clay B tapped away at the keyboard with:

> Any suggestions on small throttle bodies? Inlet size needs to be 2" ID, 2
> 1/4" OD. I'd prefer a flat, bolt on flange on the outlet side. I checked
> the '90 mustang throttles, but the outlet flange is huge. Compact size is
> a must, for my application, I'm afraid.

Would a carburettor body from a Type 3 (pancake motor) do the trick?
I don't have one at hand but the size is about what you want and the
height is quite low. Should be able to remove most of the venturi
and "offending bits" with minor machining. Just use solid screws to
plug most of the jets; you might want to use one for idle-bypass.
Each motor has two carbs.

Might just be a dumb idea. It'll take you seconds to decide if you
can use it after you see it.

--
Bernd Felsche - Innovative Reckoning
Perth, Western Australia