throttle bodies.

Bruce Plecan nacelp at bright.net
Sat Oct 28 14:14:09 GMT 2000

> > You can get real nice IR throttle bodies that will do the job for
> you 3 at a time from injected Polaris (and other) snowmobile engines.

> Super idea.  I wish they had snowmobiles here in the South.  I am
> trying to figure out a way to do IR throttle bodies, without having to
> pay TWM $700+ for their throttle bodies.  Does anyone have such a
> thing laying around?  Need something which would replace a Weber IDF
> carb.  Even a rusty set of carbs would be great, as I can transform
> those.

Some late ford pickup have a dual throttle body, don't know if it staggered
opening, then the v-8 Chevy Tuned Ports use a dual butterfly throttle body.

  My other option is to go with a single, large throttle body
> with common plenum.  My understanding is that IR gives you better
> torque and you can use wilder cams.

More Torque and HP per given cam.  Cam size is determined by application.

  However, a single throttle body
> would be easier to rig up TPS and MAP.   My application is VW flat 4
> air-cooled engine used on street.
> Any comments?

For a MAP system the common plenum might save ya a bunch of work for getting
the MAP signal filtering right
Bruce