SV: data collection and storage.

espen hilde mwichstr at online.no
Sat Sep 2 22:24:12 GMT 2000

Reading, testing props is a real black art.
I do know that some of the guys paint them up with stuff and then read how
the "paint" gets washed off.  All done in private testing.
Cavitating props will even erode them, quickly.
If you serious about all this, I'd hit the biggest library possible, and
get
anything about props there is (both air and water).
Bruce

Read a tip using lipstick on the blades to read the turbulence,its maybe
like reading spark plugs, dont forget the essencials in the gizmo world.
Mercury is using high speed cameras under water to check their designs for
problems.Flowing fluids and gasses is difficult to observe maybe thats why
its so magic/black art..
A famus propeller guy told me its more difficult to make the right
propeller in this class (250ccm) than F1.its extreamly sensitive to aria
Some racers
protect their propellers like its the hottest industrial seacret,some
things to learn from that ,not the way I am used to do things....Eating
with it never out of sight..
Not the biggest demand for surface piercing propellers in the world,not
much to read about I am afraid,but I get your point. I maybe have to take
in to account the way we where crashing the model air plains all the time
before we learned about ving tip stal and wash out in the wings.......
thanks
Espen