disassembly of 6803 code

Arnaud Westenberg arnaud at casema.net
Tue Sep 5 11:18:34 GMT 2000

Peter Gargano wrote:

> Arnaud Westenberg wrote:
>
> > I have found a disassembler with support for the 6803 (DASMX) and
> > disassembled it, it didn't complain. Do I have to check wether it has
> > done its work properly?
>
> Yes!
>
> Disassembly is, to some extent, an interactive process. You won't get
> a "good disassembly" until you know what the code is doing. Does DASMX
> allow you to predefine labels for subsequent disassembly when you find
> its first attempt was not so good?

I'm not sure, this is my first attempt disassembling stuff, would this
be the "code threading" feature? Here's some information on the DASMX
program http://show.silkera.net/~kphsu/software/prog/dasmx.html

Can I ever be sure wether I have the correct assembly source?

I'll dig deeper into the matter when I get back from school.

Thanks

Arnaud