Introduction

Geoff Allan ShelbyZ at home.com
Tue Sep 5 21:24:09 GMT 2000

Hi all! I've just subscribed, and here is my story

I've been spending some time over the last 2 years attempting to get more
information on the ECM in my 87 Chrysler turbo car. As most of you know,
this information is not easily available. I've been stockpiling Chrysler ROM
images from the era, and have a page that is hopefully informative for
others attempting to decode this spaghetti of code:
www.calgary-web.com/cip/Crystal.html

On this page is a disassembly of the 1987 Chrysler 2.2 Turbo II (Mopar
Performance version) controller, which adds increased boost (to 14 psi from
stock 12) and removes the overboost shutoff. I wrote the 6803 disassembler
and will make it available.

Primarily, the Chrysler ECMs CALCULATE things instead of looking up tables.
Injector pulsewidth is calculated from rpm, TPS, known injector flow rates,
etc. rather than looked up in a simple list... which makes it difficult to
alter, and essential to find these values for altering. I would like to
allow the use of a 3-bar MAP and +40% injectors, which would allow me to
retain good idle and mileage, while running boost into the 25psi range
(which takes our cars into the low 12's and high 11's). As a bonus, these
modifications would be undetectable, and keep the car looking stock.

If anyone else is working on Chrysler ECMs from the era (85-93) I am very
interested in sharing information to expose this thing!

Geoff Allan; Calgary, Alberta, Canada
1987 Chrysler Daytona Shelby Z, T2, A555, original owner
http://www.calgary-web.com/cip/ShelbyZ.html