disassembly of 6803 code

Orin orin
Thu Sep 7 02:23:31 GMT 2000

> Orin, can you post the resulting output to "incoming", I'd
> like to see how a couple of free disassemblers compare with
> something you have to pay for - kinda like DIY vs PY$s.

It's there - l3h93.lst.

I just chased the reset/interrupt vectors to define starting
points for code - the disassembler went from each entry point
and found anything that has been listed as code.  I defined
segments for the timer etc. based on the original info..
I didn't spend any time shrinking down arrays, so there are
a lot of 'rmb 1's.

The beauty of this disassembler is that it is interactive.
For example, I went to location FFFE, typed 'd' for data a
couple of times to define it as a word, hit enter to go
to the address it pointed to and 'c' for code... it then
found anything reachable from that point.  Same for the
interrupt vectors.  Naming variables is as simple as
going to the location and typing 'n' then the name.

I've used it for everything from 6303, 8051 to Windows
executables and dlls... well worth it for my use,
but way costly just for casual ECU disassembly.

Orin.