disassembly of 6803 code

Arnaud Westenberg arnaud at casema.net
Thu Sep 7 06:55:14 GMT 2000

Orin wrote:

> >    ftp://ftp.diy-efi.org/incoming/l3h93.dis    DHC11 (~105k)
> >
> > For comparison, here's Orin's mentioned above (ie. full URL!)
> >
> >    ftp://ftp.diy-efi.org/incoming/l3h93.lst    (506,083 bytes)
> >
> > If anyone is still following this thread, I'd be interested in
> > a comparison! The major difference in the file size is just that
> > Orin's disassembler is so verbose
>
> Yes, I left all the display settings at default, so you
> got fairly useless segment prefixes, cross-references and so on.
>
> Orin.

Thanks verry much to both of you! I'll have to study it a bit more but
having two different disassemblies sure helps in understanding.

In a subthread before this one, someone pointed to the fact that a
disassembly might "neglect" an offset, so when changing the source you
might be addressing at the wrong index. Could you prevent this by
supplying data/code addresses??

Despite the fact I read Peters tutorial I'm still having difficulties
understanding things. I've done some assembly programming but not enough
to be confident with disassembly. I could really use some more info but
I can't find any usefull sites (besides Peters tut.). Where should I
look for more extensive information?

Thanks again.

Arnaud