need datasheet/info for SpeedPro wideband sensor...

Garfield Willis garwillis at msn.com
Tue Sep 19 15:39:04 GMT 2000

On Tue, 19 Sep 2000 02:28:13 +0200, Jörgen Karlsson <jurg at pp.sbbs.se>
wrote:

>The sensor Speed Pro uses (and EGOR) are a NTK UEGO sensor, this type is
>made for Honda lean burn engines. Since your sensor cost around $400 from
>speedpro and an identical senosor from www.hparts.com are under $100, you
>don't want to fool around with your speedpro sensor. The calibration data
>that is specific for each sensor comes on a disk for the speed pro, the
>calibration resistor in the connector is not used by speed pro but is used
>by the honda ecm. EGOR on the other hand uses a free air calibration and
>sensors can be bought anywhere. EGOR is available (at least soon?) in two
>forms, the meter at $379 w/o sensor and the module at $219 w/o sensor.

Gee, I really LUV it when somebody has actually been following what's
been going on over time. Thanks JK for paying attention. :)

[as a reminder for newcomers, two files on the DIY FTP site contain
archives of past diy list traffic:
	ftp://ftp.diy-efi.org/incoming/DIY_EFIArchives.zip
	ftp://ftp.diy-efi.org/incoming/diy_efi.gz
The first one covers up to Jan '00, and the next one goes on from
there to mid-June '00. If you look around the above site, you'll find
similar archives for the other diy lists as well, notably GMECM &
EFI332. HTH]

>No usable data are available for these sensors, the data that you will find
>will probably be missleading. But since mr Willis has done the work for us,
>lets just wait for him to get the production up and running swiftly enough
>to meet the demand.

There is some info available from NTK on their own inhouse sensors,
and *some* of that does apply to the Honda/NTK sensor we're talking
about. But with a slight tweak of the above, I think JK's sense might
be, "there isn't much available info, either circuitry or specs, on
how to easily make use of these sensors".

>I hope this answers your questions Jeff. By the way, I am impressed to hear
>that you got your SpeedPro tuned well enough to go open loop. I find it hard
>to get within 5%, I just limit the closed loop range to +-5%. Otherwise it
>oscillates on the strip. The slightest detonation or missfire will throw it
>way of, not to mention when the water injection kicks in...

This is interesting info; I wish yous guys with the SpeedPro's would
post more about their behavior/performance and anything interesting
like the above. Maybe you & Jeff could start a dialog on what you've
found so far in using the SEFI8LO; I'll bet you'd find LOTS of people
interested in the traffic. Hint hint. E.G., I'd sure like to hear just
how big the AFR swings can get if you don't limit; the period of the
oscillation would be interesting as well.

BTW, is there a SpeedPro list or forum setup yet, where their use is
discussed by owners?

Gar