Holley TBI & EGR

Chrisharon at aol.com Chrisharon at aol.com
Tue Sep 19 21:47:09 GMT 2000

   Holley claims that you can't run an EGR with their bolt-on TBI system
(This is the "D" version, which is a closed loop system).  Just for the heck
of it, I tried activating the EGR with a vac pump and it caused what seemed
to be a miss, but I assume it's either a rich or lean mixture.  I'm sure
there's a good reason that this occurs (and the O2 sensor doesn't make up for
it), but I can't seem to figure out why at the moment.  If someone could
explain it, I'm sure I could fallow the reasoning. :)
   Any insight would be apreciated.  Also, I've heard that running an EGR
would help the engine run cooler, any ideas on this (We do some towing and
have an over-heating problem).

Chris