Holley TBI & EGR

Bruce Plecan nacelp at bright.net
Tue Sep 19 23:25:37 GMT 2000

Please note that such manuals are written for the average mechanic to
understand, and are written for the none MEs to understand.  Not a flame
toward mechanics, I was one, and at one time had attened, all the EFI, CCC,
engine diagnostics, yada yada, gm had to offer.   I also at one time
beleived all of what they said till I figured out how much of it was BS.
Also, backed up some instructors at regional trainings with showing up with
diagnostic stuff, and not one would accept an invitation to see that they
were full of BS about what they were teaching.

It takes addition timing to make EGR work, so when the valve died you had
way too much timing, hence the ping.
Even in CCC applications EGR could be 10% of the total cruise *air
consumption*.
Opening a vac leak also stalls an engine
Bruce