UEGO and alcohol

Greg Hermann bearbvd at cmn.net
Mon Sep 25 05:43:31 GMT 2000

At 11:07 PM 9/24/00, Jeff Bromberger wrote:
>Yeah, maybe the o2 sensor is out of the question. The car is already running
>and working fine w/175hp of NOS. We are jetted overly rich and have the alky
>fuel pressure set higher than suggested (NOS has tables for alky foggers.
>They say that 175hp is 28 NOS, 38 fuel w/6psi of pressure. We're running
>28/40 and 6.5psi of pressure). The plugs look great. The alky runs make them
>look like new. I was just hoping to be able to do some fine tuning with an
>o2. Doesn't look like that's real do-able though... thanks for the input.
>
>jeff

I think you could, just take the numbers the meter gives you with a grain
of salt!! I would try tuning to 12 or 12.5 with a (standard) UEGO
meter--just know that that's NOT really what you have with alky and nitrous
in the mix! 12.5 on a UEGO just means that you are about 25 to 30 % rich of
whatever stoich is for the particular fuel.

Greg