Autronics owners on list?

Clay B clayb at sonic.net
Tue Sep 26 15:20:13 GMT 2000

Hi Carl,

No, I'm not using the autotune firmware. I figured it would be better to
go through the (somewhat painful) learning curve, so I am better able to
fine tune the engine. An important skill, as I anticipate needing at least
two, perhaps three different setups depending on what I'm doing with the
boat, and what fuel I'm running.

My first attempt is to get it running good on 92 octane unleaded, I don't
want to ruin my O2 sensor just yet. 100LL avgas will come later, perhaps
diluted a bit to get some more life out of the O2.

Good to hear some feedback on how well the autotune function works, tho I
would have to ask: Was this with the wideband O2, or the ordinary Bosch 4
wire? I'm using firmware version 1.18, which I gather is kind of old.

I'd be glad to take a look at the cals you have. Always good to have a
point of reference when you're starting with a blank screen!

I take it you run an Autronics also?

- Clay

Hi Clay,
   Are you using the autotune software??? If you are, you need to set up
the
desired AFR table first.  If you set this later it will scew everthing you
have already tuned even before you activate the self tune(which btw
doesn't
work very well)... I have a couple of cal's for some 1000hp+ stuff if it
will help....where are you located??
- -Carl Summers

- Clay