GM OEM TBI up to 420hp?

Ross Corrigan 280zx at home.com
Wed Sep 27 04:35:44 GMT 2000

At 09:05 PM 9/26/2000 , you wrote:
>Hey, long time no Z.  Lotsa new info since you've left.

Great, thanks for the welcome:-)  I'm even busier now having just started a
M. Engg program.

>   Things are
>more user friendly now.  Have you looked at Tunercat's site?  Or
>talked to Terry Kelley?  Good editors available from both.

know, whereabouts are they?  just seen one on gmecm (via diyefi)

>  I like
>Terry's stuff, personally.  $250-300 could get hardware and software,
>if you do some shopping.  I think I'm paying $2/prom.  Maybe $1 each.
>I'm not so sure, but it's cheap.  I use a place called Mentor
>Electronics, in Ohio.  It was first mentioned by Mike V., a while
>back.

will archive this:-)

>Watch for the Edelbrock SY-1 intakes on Ebay.  They kinda come n go.

Hmm, not familiar with it? what format is it?  Here's one that caught my
eye (and pic he sent) but v. pricey?!?! what's reasonable cost for one of
these (his is brand new)
http://207.212.212.139/~corrigan/gearheads/pics/25.jpg
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=444455221

>The 84 Vette has a similar manifold, but with smaller ports and single
>bbl tb's.  In stock form, they're better for smaller displacement
>engines.  Mine works well on a 302 chebby.

any pics anywhere of one of these? what's it take in OE form? 3 2 bbl's or
what?  could it be ported much? would the TB"s on it be of any use or swap
to larger/newer ones? I assume I'd be running a 747 wiring harness and ECU.

>No gm vehicle has been released with a 4bbl tbi setup.

Really? What did they put on their bigblocks? (they have had bb's with
tbi's right?)

>   Might look at
>turbo city for ideas on a dual 2bbl intake.  But don't look at the
>prices unless you're sitting down.

I recall Bruce P. did'nt think much of them , but ideers are always
welcome, since I already have a Vic. Jr. and they flow fine it seemed best
to use it and dual manifolds seem rare/pricey and not as good a flow

You'll spend lotsa money to get a reprogrammable ecu, GM stuff is dirt
>cheap by comparison.

Yes, this is what I"m wrestling with, full edelbrock multiport, can get
their 3500 system for $1400US barely used but it's not in the budget right
now (well not part of current plans!)

>I dunno about those throttle body airflow ratings, they seem a bit
>optimistic.

That's why I posted here, looking for some more info before i leap on one
guys info.

>I'd expect you to be looking for traction control. ; )

Looking for that now, hugely dissapointed in the AVS-S1's I just bought
from tirerack. Pursuing some return/agreement, must be old ones or
something......

got weighed this summer, 50.0%/F/R:-))) car empty w/ 7/8's fuel and me in
it:-) 3108, lighter than OEM and full interior etc etc

still got that vette carby, dont' recall where we left off on that