Setting up a 1227749 on the bench for testing.

Bruce Plecan nacelp at bright.net
Sun Apr 1 22:20:22 GMT 2001

Can be difficult in that some ecms expect a Test signal back from it.  ie
within a certain time period it will send an extended PW to the injectors
and it expects a O2 signal to relfect that.

On some cals, you can just run a take off from the injector pulses, to
*flash* an LED.   ie 1K resistor to LED and then LED to ground.     Now this
will give you a 1.8v drop across the LED.   Run two 10K resistors across the
LED, and you have a pulsed .9v.    The 0-.9v swing works for a similated O2
feedback, on many ecms, but not all.   When doing 749 stuff I generally
disable the 13-44-45 trouble code
Bruce

> Is the stim board mentioned below, fairly easy to adapt for general bench
> testing of GM boxes?  I see that the stim board supports 48 & 60 toothed
> crank wheels and cam sensors and such, but, will it also handle the old
> dizzy stuff and interface readily with the older GM boxes?
>
> While on the topic of test benches, what's the best way to simulate the
C/L
> O2 signal?
>
> Walt.
> > Hi Brian,
> >
> > I'm using one of Jeff Clark's stimulator boards he designed for the
EFI332