Interesting P&H Driver Link and a MAP Question

Ken Bauman 303print at northrim.net
Thu Apr 5 20:05:04 GMT 2001

A link I came across for making your own Peak and Hold drivers.

http://www.ednmag.com/ednmag/reg/1995/090195/graph/18di5fg1.htm

I'm hoping someone would be kind enough to give a good explanation on why some
MAP based systems also include a second pressure sensor for ambient pressure?

Several setups I have seen use one pressure sensor, usually a GM MAP sensor.
Yet others use two pressure sensors, one for MAP and a second for baro. What is
the advantage disadvantage of doing this?

Thanks
Ken Bauman