Additional Injector Controller

Ian Habicher ihabicher at hotmail.com
Sat Apr 7 04:44:19 GMT 2001

>There should be lots of app notes and data sheets for the 555 on
>national semiconductors WWW page.  You can set up a circuit where a
>variable voltage controls the duty cycle output.

Yup!  That's the idea.  I want the thing to generate a pulse that gets
longer with higher MAP sensor voltage.

The thing is, as the engine runs faster, the pulses get closer together.
This is good, as it provides RPM compensation.  (Less time between pulses
without changing pulse length).

But I don't want the actual pulse length to change as the RPM changes, only
with varying MAP sensor voltage.  Is this hard to do with a 555, or are they
pretty stable with regards to varying pulse length due to pulse frequency?

The SDS additional injector controller works like this.  But it's 600 bux
Canuck!! :(  And I bet it has a $2 555 in it :)

  synchronizing it to
>another injector might be more complicated.

Should it be?  I just want the existing injector pulse to trigger the AIC
pulse, that's all.  Or, I could use a tach or ignition signal.  My Wankel
engine's leading ignition fires once every half-rev, which is perfect.

  While you're there look for
>op amp notes also, between the two you should be able to get what you
>want.
>
>--steve

Thanx man!

Ian