obd-2.org OBD-II serial interface

Teeleton teeleton at philter.com
Sat Apr 7 09:55:42 GMT 2001

upon looking around the net for a semi cost effective unit to get started
with poking around the computer in my 2000 blazer, I found this little gem
over at obd-2.org.  The guy seems to have quite a background in EFI systems
and OBD 1 and 2.  Looking closer, however, it seems that the unit is pretty
much read-only.  Does anyone know for sure if this is the case?  If it's
merely a software issue, I plan to get around that, as I plan on writing my
own software under linux for doing data recording, playback, and analysis.
My concern, however, is that once I decide that I know what's going on and
where the relative maps and info is stored, I'm not going to be able to
change anything, and I'm going to have to shell out the $$ again to get a
unit that will do the job, and possibly re-learn the interface all over
again.  There doesn't seem to be a whole lot of OBD-II stuff on the FTP
site.  Am i just looking in the wrong place?  Is there an FAQ somewhere I've
missed that lays out where stuff should be in the FTP server so someone who
isn't familiar with it can find what he's looking for?

Thanks in advance,
Chris 'Teeleton' Regan      UIN41438257