Additional Injector Controller

Jörgen Karlsson jorgen.m.karlsson at home.se
Sat Apr 7 21:33:45 GMT 2001

I wonder one thing about the 555, is it really possible to retrigg the 555.
What happens when the trigg pulse come before the previous output pulse has
ended, does the 555 reset the capacitor or is the trigg pulse ignored.

If the trigg pulse is ignored (I belive it is) we have a big problem, the
result will be that when the required injector pulse width is longer then
the time between the trigger pulses the injectors will only be opened every
other trigger event.

I once built a pulse train generator that used a 74xx123 for a similar
circuit. It was mentioned in the design discussion, that a 555 cannot
retrigg. Is this correct?

Jörgen