PWM injector driver

Greg Hermann bearbvd at cmn.net
Sun Apr 8 14:42:56 GMT 2001

>He said *switching power supply* <beavis>.
>Doc just leaft the room looking to see if it's menitoned in any of Forrest
>Mimms stuff.
>
>> Also pondering on a diode in series with the injector, then apply reverse
>> voltage when time to close, just to collapse the field/stop the current,
>> not to do an actual reverse current.
>> Thoughts???
>
>What I'd like to do is run em on 24v, for opening, min V for On, and then
>off.
>Bruce

I wuz thinkin' more like 48, or even 72 vdc for opening! Then, yep, min.
for hold. Know a guy who claimed was a lot to be learned about how to do
injector driver circuits by looking at the hammer throw circuits for the
last, highest speed, electro-mechanical teletype machines! He (Bob Hale)
said the last gen of the teletypes was using something like 230 vdc for the
"peak" voltage!

Have to wonder whether using two different voltage power supplies for peak
and for hold--or just one, high enough for the peak, and then pwm for the
lower hold voltage, would be a better approach.

Greg