PWM injector driver

Brian Michalk michalk at awpi.com
Sun Apr 8 16:08:39 GMT 2001

> > So my question is: do I really need a crank signal to synchronize
> > TDC with my injector firing?
>
> Synchronize on the camshaft so that the injector closes before the
> inlet valve opens.

>From your response, you imply SEFI.  I'm talking about EFI.  From the timing
in the Bosch book, it appears that all injectors fire simultaneously, and
the timing pattern does not take into account individual cylinder clocking.
It only says that timing is derived from 0 degrees from the crank.  It seems
to me that not synchronizing to the crank is a simpler solution.  Sure, use
RPMs and Throttle Position as input, but let the computer figure out how to
meter the fuel without regard to crank position.